View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 10:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
The Tikka T1x rifles do shoot well, generally under 1/2 " at 50 yards , which is moa, not 1/2 moa. Now if you have one that shoots 1/2moa, that is by far the exception. As to resale, if my rifle is only worth 50% of what it cost me, I have spent $2000 to use it for this long, if your Gunwerks is still worth 75% of what you paid, you are still out more than that. People aren't going to pay more than 75% of new for a well used Gunwerks, if they are willing to spend that much, they will just buy new. As for shotguns, there is a reason that people buy semi autos for waterfowl, the recoil is greatly reduced over a pump action, which really helps getting to the next target with heavy waterfowl loads. At to my choice of SxS shotguns for upland birds, they are far lighter than an 870, for carrying all day, but they also offer a instant choice of two chokes. But while it's easy to find a reliable cheap pump action shotgun, you don't usually find reliable cheap SxS shotguns, with properly regulated barrels. With either a semi auto or SxS shotgun, you are getting something entirely different in design, not just a more expensive pump action. And then of course fit comes into the picture, and fit is very important with shotguns, in comparison to rifles. An 870 won't fit everyone, and if it doesn't fit, you won't shoot it well.
With bolt action rifles, especially the higher end rifles, the design is very similar, so you aren't getting something entirely different for the extra money.

You don’t know much about gunwerks do you? If you did you would know how much innovation they put into their stock design which separates their rifles from other rifles. Flat, in line bottom on the butt to slide straight back on a bag, a shelf for your thumb to rest on to promote proper grip, a built in picatinny rail for a bipod, quick detach sling studs built into the carbon fiber stock, then you have their ring/mounts with a built in level, their custom muzzle brake, oversized trigger guard if you have gloves on, and a guarantee. You’re bashing something you don’t know the facts on. $5000 for load data....... well there is a whole lot more to it than that.

If you build a custom with titanium action, proof carbon fiber barrel, top end trigger, titanium muzzle break, picatinny rail, carbon fiber stock, premium ring/mounts, premium gun case, neoprene scope sleeve and gunsmithing you’re looking at $7k+ with no load data, no guarantee and no barrel replacement warranty. Some people see value in those things.

Gunwerks is a total package specifically designed for long range accuracy, it’s not just expensive parts pieced together. It’s design promotes accuracy and an accurate form for the shooter.

A Vudoo is a sweet rimfire, but it doesn’t have the focus on proper shooter form that gunwerks does. You don’t see it because you don’t want to see it. Justifying spending $4k on a little toy plinker while bashing a $10k hunting “system” is quite comical.