View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Bahahaha!

$4000 for a rifle that does exactly what a Tikka T1 WILL DO! 1/2” moa and handle exactly like a full size rifle, even has the EXACT same stock as the T3 included for that $600 price tag. How much did you drop on a shotgun that has the exact same accuracy as a $300 rem 870?

I could have shot my deer with my model 88, which happens to be the same rifle Milo Hansen used, but I didn’t. If it was standing at 675yds away I wouldn’t have been able to though. Your custom rifle has a resale value of what? $2000 if you’re lucky? You lost at least 50% of your investment for what some see a a pieces together firearm. I’m quite capable of developing loads, but with a gunwerks I don’t have to. If I shoot out the barrel, gunwerks supplies me with a new one. Will your custom builder do the same for you?

In my opinion, spending $4000 on a toy gun or more than $500 on a shotgun is ridiculous, however some people don’t see it that way.

It’s so funny to read your posts, bashing people for their choices, totally oblivious to the fact people view your choices as a complete waste of money. If it’s not your cup of tea, fine, but remember you aren’t the only person on the planet, not everyone sees value in shotguns or toy guns either.
The Tikka T1x rifles do shoot well, generally under 1/2 " at 50 yards , which is moa, not 1/2 moa. Now if you have one that shoots 1/2moa, that is by far the exception. As to resale, if my rifle is only worth 50% of what it cost me, I have spent $2000 to use it for this long, if your Gunwerks is still worth 75% of what you paid, you are still out more than that. People aren't going to pay more than 75% of new for a well used Gunwerks, if they are willing to spend that much, they will just buy new. As for shotguns, there is a reason that people buy semi autos for waterfowl, the recoil is greatly reduced over a pump action, which really helps getting to the next target with heavy waterfowl loads. At to my choice of SxS shotguns for upland birds, they are far lighter than an 870, for carrying all day, but they also offer a instant choice of two chokes. But while it's easy to find a reliable cheap pump action shotgun, you don't usually find reliable cheap SxS shotguns, with properly regulated barrels. With either a semi auto or SxS shotgun, you are getting something entirely different in design, not just a more expensive pump action. And then of course fit comes into the picture, and fit is very important with shotguns, in comparison to rifles. An 870 won't fit everyone, and if it doesn't fit, you won't shoot it well.
With bolt action rifles, especially the higher end rifles, the design is very similar, so you aren't getting something entirely different for the extra money.

But if you feel that you actually get your monies worth by spending Gunwerks prices, then spend your money and enjoy. My point is that the market is very limited at that price range, so if Gunwerks is having financial issues, their prices are definitely limiting sales, which limits potential profit.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 05-23-2020 at 10:33 AM.