View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 09:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So are you going to tell me that you could not have killed the buck that we have been hearing about for so long, without a Gunwerks? You could not have killed it with a $5000 rifle, or even a $1000 rifle? Milo Hansen certainly didn't use a Gunwerks to kill his world record buck. The simple truth is that you can buy quality components, and build a rifle that will do whatever a Gunwerks rifle will do , for half the price. My go to big game rifle was built from quality components for $4000, about six years ago, and I would not hesitate to take it anywhere to hunt. It is reliable,and it was made with the exact stock pattern and LOP of my choice from McMillan, the exact barrel contour, length and rate of twist that I chose, and it shoots 1/2moa with my bullet of choice. Now if you aren't capable of developing accurate loads, and are not up to figuring out the trajectory on your own, then yes, for an extra $5000, companies like Gunwerks will gladly do the load development for you . Or if that Gunwerks name is worth $5000 worth of status to you, then by all means, spend that extra $5000. But the bottom line, is that the extra $5000 is not buying you accuracy or reliability that you can't get for half the price, there is nothing unique about the Gunwerks design or quality, there are many other rifles that offer similar performance , for a lot less money. I spent just over $4000 for a rimfire, because I wanted a rifle that handled and felt like a full sized rifle, and that produced 1/2 moa accuracy. You aren't going to find that in a Tikka or a CZ, or any other low priced rimfire. My Vudoo rimfire and my go to custom big game rifle together cost what a bottom end Gunwerks costs, so I have both a precision rimfire and a quality big game rifle for the same price.

Bahahaha!

$4000 for a rifle that does exactly what a Tikka T1 WILL DO! 1/2” moa and handle exactly like a full size rifle, even has the EXACT same stock as the T3 included for that $600 price tag. How much did you drop on a shotgun that has the exact same accuracy as a $300 rem 870?

I could have shot my deer with my model 88, which happens to be the same rifle Milo Hansen used, but I didn’t. If it was standing at 675yds away I wouldn’t have been able to though. Your custom rifle has a resale value of what? $2000 if you’re lucky? You lost at least 50% of your investment for what some see a a pieces together firearm. I’m quite capable of developing loads, but with a gunwerks I don’t have to. If I shoot out the barrel, gunwerks supplies me with a new one. Will your custom builder do the same for you?

In my opinion, spending $4000 on a toy gun or more than $500 on a shotgun is ridiculous, however some people don’t see it that way.

It’s so funny to read your posts, bashing people for their choices, totally oblivious to the fact people view your choices as a complete waste of money. If it’s not your cup of tea, fine, but remember you aren’t the only person on the planet, not everyone sees value in shotguns or toy guns either.