View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 08:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
When you buy a premium action, barrel, stock and trigger, the cost is about the same whether you purchase a rimfire, or a centerfire. And I paid half of what Gunwerks charges for one of their rifles. My full custom centerfire costs about the same, half of what Gunwerks charges for their rifles. You can pay a 100% premium to have the Gunwerks name, but what do you get for double the price?
You got a toy gun you can plink with for $5k, where as if you had spent $10k you would have a rifle you could fly half way around the world with on the hunt of a lifetime and when the time comes to make that once in a lifetime shot, you know that it would hit its mark.

Some guys will blow twice that on a shotgun! A spray gun that has the same accuracy as a $300 rem 870, so you can shoot that pheasant of a lifetime.....

I’ve got a gunwerks, and I happened to kill the buck of a lifetime with it. Worth every cent in my opinion. It came with two loads at the time, I haven’t checked but they might have developed more. I shot the load given to me at 100yds and 1000yds and it was exactly as advertised, pretty impressive. When I call to check on new loads I talk to their very knowledgeable staff directly. I doubt there is another company with better customer service.

You’re not a big game hunter anymore, you like plinking so it’s obviously not going to appeal to you. I have a $35 cooey 22 I use for plinking that I can shoot spent shotgun shells with at 50yds with open sights, and a $500 wingmaster for shooting grouse, that’s good enough for me. I spend my money where my passion is.

Whether or not they are going under, I’m so glad I got one before they close up shop. Any qualified gunsmith will be able to fix any issues should they arise.