View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 11:48 PM
AO Sponsor

Sorry for lack of reports my camera went swimming at end of july so lost all those pictures and haven't gotten a new one since.

Fishing end of July was great, limits in only a few hours of Chinook. Since about August 5th the Chinook numbers went down with instead of only a few hours, limits would be caught by fishing for Chinook for 6 or so hours, but the size definitely went up. My dad lost a 60+ Chinook at the boat, and then just yesterday lost ANOTHER 60+...this is a place for BIG fish. He caught a 41 today and since my last report we have put numerous over 40lb Chinook in our boats, including a 50lber by one of my guests (have pics will add soon). August the chinook numbers generally go down slightly but the size increases. Big Coho around now too, and in large numbers.

Halibut and bottomfishing continues to be nothing short of spectacular, even more 100+lb halibut caught and many in the 50-70lb range, perfect eaters. Yelloweye and Lingcod limits are caught in only an hr to two hours as well.

If you are thinking about a trip for 2013, please let me know asap, our dates are running very low. Best wishes and tight lines!
www.serengetifishingcharters.com

The BEST Chinook Salmon and Halibut Fishing On the Coast