View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Good points

All flagship bows are generally over the 330 IBO mark, so speed is not really an issue. What some guys are doing, is opting to shoot a 345-350 IBO bow at 61-62 lbs as opposed to a 70 lb bow with a 330 IBO. The 60 lb will generally draw easier but will have a shorter valley than the 70 lbs bow. But both bows will be about the same speed due the increased IBO.

I think you have an excellent approach to buying a new bow and good luck with the search. Fit is the most important consideration followed by your physical limitations.... do not over-bow yourself for the sake of a few FPS's.
I wasn't worried about over bowing my self, my current bow is a 80lb Elite answer shooting a 525 grain arrow.

I wanted to stick with an 80 lb bow but if I did I was limiting myself to 3 bows one of which I was NOT a fan of at all.

I ended up deciding that I would drop down to a 70 lb bow and change over to different arrows and trying to get the weight around 410-420 grains. That way I could maintain a nice 285-300 fps depending on what bow I went with.