View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 10:43 AM

Smile

Even though I'm a Flames fan I wish the Oilers all the best with their new pick. A better team up north means better competition for the Flames and that will hopefully elevate their game also. I saw it happen in the early 80's and I hope it happens again. Competition is always welcome.

Quote:
fish-man Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy
I look to this year's champions (and last), and how their dismal seasons and resulting high draft picks turned things around in an incredibly short period of time. Will it be the Kings to take the cup next year?

Well said. If the Oilers are smart, they will give Hall and their other top prospects another year to develop (in the NHL or elsewhere) instead of putting a lot of pressure on them right away, suck for another year and get another high draft pick. Then they can make a run for it in the future years, like Chicago and Pittsburg.
I think you might be onto something guys. Fishman the only thing with your idea is that another sucky year for the Oilers would be painful to take for any Oilers fans out there. I'm not sure they'd want to see a potential superstar be put on hold for a year. But if they had patience I think your right they could end up with a couple great young players. Just like some eastern team we know called the Blackhawks. Look what happened to them.

Rob