View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 11:14 AM

You didnt give much details as to what why and how your in this situation so i will share my personal experience for the sake of helping you or someone else in the future as many people know about their options.

2 years ago i lost my job in calgary and took a job in regina for half the pay plus i had to drive back and forth on my own dime. For 10 months we raked up about 18000 in credit card debt and it didnt look too good. We had good credit and minimal debt other than that.

So i went to the bank and took out a 48 month personal loan at prime plus 4.5% just to try and save on the interest. As the credit card was 21%. We saved so much on the interest that we paid off the loan in 13 months. And since we did not use a credit restructuing service, our credit scores were not impacted and managed to contain this problem pretty quick.

Times can be tough and a person shouldn't be ashamed to ask for help. Tighten your belt a bit and pay it back as dast as u can. Thats the only advice i can give u