View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 07:04 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom55 View Post
More than a few years ago I was very bad at managing my debt while I tried to hold my family together. My wife sued me for divorce, a couple of creditors took me to small claims and I had a couple of garnishments on my paychecks. I was in a bad way but I took on an evening job and worked 7 days a week for years. Got so that I really hated those collection agency guys. And the CRA. I repaid all that I owed and started over with nothing.

After I was out of debt I went to my bank and asked for a small loan to get back on my feet. My request was denied with the words "We won't even open a chequing account for you. You would have been better off to have filed for bankruptcy protection."

I responded with "You'd rather do business with a deadbeat than an honest man who honored his debts?"

"They are not deadbeats. They are people who have fallen on hard times." WTF
Anyway, I have moved on, own my house, live debt free in retirement and all is good.

Free

Good on you to get back on your feet, hey we live in Canada and it can be done, what gets me is how people fall flat yet still,reach out, get helped and fall flat again

You chose to battle through, learn from it and get what you want by blood, sweat and tears....most should take note....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...