View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 10:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coiloil37 View Post
Ok, ok, a mud man. Still can't say with a straight face you babysit a rig.

I don't think your occupation makes your opinion any less valid. I also agree the wolf population (at least west of Caroline) has decimated the elk population and something should be done about it. That said I don't think blaming the trappers is a good place to start... or finish. If a trapper isn't trapping anything (using it as a recreational property) then srd should step in. If the trapper wants to catch (insert favorite animal here) that's his own business.

I agree for the most part. But trappers hold a very viable tool in wolf Managment. The only tools we can use at this time are hunting and trapping. And if one refuses to have any part in it as many trappers have out right said here or just arent using lines then SRD should also step in and say we need this tool and since you haven't been using the wolves off your line we are allowing them to be trapped by any resident trappers or do something to get trappers involved besides offering huge dollars. Incentives maybe but they shouldn't have to bribe someone who honestly owns no actual part of it. Then SRD needs to try and get more hunters involved as well the same way possibly through more bounties or altered seasons or possibly in some places access for this hunting.