View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyksta View Post
I agree that after a high price purchase that the store would be courteous yo help you with your stuff. But in the end, the counter guy doesnt care about your gun. Like you said, hes on the clock anyway. He doesnt gain anything by doing a good job. Its unfortunate but if you want to be confident in knowing something is done right, dont trust a stranger with nothing in it for them.
True, but when you pay his employer an extra $50 or so, on top of what you spent on the merchandise that is getting worked on, for him to bore site your gun (he's on the clock remember, his paycheck does not change because he did a proper bore site, neither does the expense to his employer) do you really think it changes said employee's perspective?

I do my own, but IMO the fee charged by many of the "better" gun shops isn't a much better deal than the free job done by others. Its an easy job, requires absolutely no specialized tools on a bolt action rifle, IMO if one cant be bothered then they forfeit the right to complain. Much like re-checking the torque on the ring screws, during or after the initial range sessions.

Last edited by Bushleague; 09-16-2018 at 06:26 PM.