Thread: Scotch
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 03:18 PM

I have, an it's a decent whisky at the price. I'm still bitter with them for cancelling the fine oak series though.

I tried an absolutely amazing whiskey a week ago at a tasting. If I poured you some and told you it was an 18 year old Port finished Glendronach cask strength you would say 'wow!! One of their best!'.

But it wasn't Glendronach. Or even scotch. It was Kavalan. We tried the port cask, Vinho barrique, and peaty cask...they were all outstanding. They were all 5 years old if I remember correctly. And they are distilled in.......TAIWAN!! They have won a ton of awards, and I'd never heard of them. Needless to say, a half dozen bottles are now mine (some on backorder).

I guess the tropical climate ages the whiskey in the cask at something like a 3-1 ratio compared to scotland, where the weather is best described as '****e'...so that explains why it was so mature. Too bad it's kind of pricey, because it is stupidly good!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone