View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZR View Post
Get rid of the 999. You apply to build priorities and if you don’t want to pull the tag that year you don’t apply and you don’t gain any points that year. That would keep the priorities down and it would make you decide what your hunting that year. If you have enough points you could pull all your tags in one year or pull one tag and leave the others for other years, but you just don’t build priorities in the process. The thing with a random draw even the youngster’s have a chance at pulling a tag right from the get go of their hunting career. I’m all for helping the youngsters filling tags. I like watching the excitement of them pulling the trigger.
I'd go even further and just kibosh all priority. Make it 100% lottery every time, all species.

If we want to increase opportunity we could start with pressuring our government to step up wolf control efforts and re-institute the grizzly bear hunt on the eastern slopes. Let's get our population sizes back up and that'll solve a lot of the opportunity issues right there.