View Single Post
Old 05-24-2020, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk eater View Post
^^^^ and this is officially the stupidest ^^^^

I have two boys that are eager to start hunting. One turns 12 this hunting season is super excited to start his adventures. So you think my 12 year old should have to spend $50 to apply for a draw that he will not get to hunt till he is most likely an adult. Let’s say he wants to hunt trophy antelope, draw priority of 12 now most likely a 16-18 by the time he builds enough priority. So $800 just to apply. Yep you have just made it an elitist sport.

I support buying the Cert. I feel it will help with some of the issues. I also strongly support prepaying and draw you apply for other than 999. Prepay the tag and reimburse those who are not drawn.

I am also proud to say I am a priority 10 for bull moose. Started saving it just to hunt it with him when he was old enough and their grandfather is an 8 for the younger one. Was so happy to see we could add a youth hunter to our tags when they came out with that. Gonna be great !!! 12 year old kills 55” bull moose.
Let’s be honest. You bought thousands of dollars of gear already. How much is that hunt for the 55” going to cost? Is $50 draw application to going make or break it?

You do realize that increasing the prices from chump change to a value that makes people thinks seriously about applying helps people like you and your son out. Go on that moose hunt with the boy a few more times then you would with draw pool flooded before your to old.