View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6tmile View Post
I was reloading for my brothers 270 wsm, I finished a box of twenty for him. On final inspection one shell looked wierd, it had a bit of a bulge on the neck, upon further investigation i realized that the bullet was to big (nosler accubonds) it was a .308, the box had 3 .308 cal bullets in it, I contacted nosler by email and have not heard back from them as of yet
This exact same type of thing happened to me with Berger.

Bought a case of 1000 .224" 70 Gr VLD projectiles, and while loading, ended up with a 243 Blackout type of round.... lol. There were 3 .243 projectiles in the case.

Emailed Berger, they were shocked and appalled at the mistake, said they had a few problems with their QC guy in the past few months, and he was let go about a month prior to my email. They compensated me nicely for that mistake. Very impressed with Berger's customer service. There was really no way to know if I was full of BS, other than the fact that I showed them the loaded round that was wrong, the extra 2 projectiles, and the case of projectiles I had bought.

Very impressed by Berger. But always take a quick look at your loaded rounds, and it might even be worth dropping them into a gauge quickly as you finish them, or at least inspecting them reasonably closely. That would have been a crappy day, had it got through my own QC