Thread: Sheep Part 3
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 08:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindalbakken View Post
No, you were disagreed with because you wanted to put punitive restrictions on the hunting public to achieve an older herd. Less hunters and lower success rates to achive what?

You still aren't following the logic - they are shooting just legal sheep in the northern zones. They are shooting just legal sheep in the southern zones. What is the difference?
My very original suggestion was that my opinion is that it would be nice to see an older huntable herd. This was shot down hard. Thats fine. Now they say rams hunted in the north dont get legal before 7 or 8. That just shows its possible for the south to have the same or more so as it has been said that winters are harsher in the north and feed isnt as good so obviously mortality goes with this.

I understand that legal is legal and ive never said anything against this.

I stated the wait times may help but never once said this is the best way. My idea was an age restriction. Some dont agree that is why its an opinion.

Argue all you want as TJ stated even your guys study helps support this. If an older herd is possible in non hunted areas it is also possible in hunted areas if an age stipuation was adopted.

Im not saying an age restriction is 100% possible but if it was these are the results.
SG