View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogie View Post
Trying to have another law in place in these situations is almost impossible. The majority of the ones doing mass shootings don't have a criminal record. This latest shooting and the church shooting in Texas both may have been prevented if the current laws were followed.

More has to be done with social media posts of violence. He posted that he was going to be a future school shooter, classmates could believe he was capable. Many weren't surprised that he did it. Maybe the FBI should have done more. The warning signs were there and ignored.

Had a cop friend tell me one time you can't stop crazy.

Even in Canada with our laws someone can still go on a shooting rampage. Happened in Dawson college. With legally purchased restricted and non restricted firearms.

Gun violence is always focuses on guns. As soon as there is a shooting it all about what gun is used. When someone drives through a crowd with a truck the type of truck is not an issue. Maybe if there was less focus on the tools being used there could be better ideas on how to treat people with mental disorders.

What's changed in the last 20 years. Guns are the same. Now we have internet, social media, far more use of drugs for mental illness. Maybe some of theses are factors in mass shootings.
100% agreed - I was sicken to hear the media talk more about the "AR15" and less about the lunatic crazy kid who showed a track record of crazy.

I hate the term "gun control" when, in fact it should be "people control".

Owning a firearm is a right not a privileged for those citizens who abide by the law and are not a risk to society.

My main point was trying to get more "people control" measures in place to prevent or at least reduce these types of senseless tragedies.

I would offer that we, as gun owners, should be PUSHING to move this agenda forward to reduce the bad press about "bad guns" not fighting it. I've always seemed to look st it from that perspective. What can we do more of to protect what we have?