View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gongshow View Post
It is an all original car, only 26000 miles on it. And it is a three on the tree transmission. last spring i replaced the brakes with OEM drum brakes all around and new exhaust.

I don't want to get into replacing the rear end, suspension, brakes, etc, if I don't have to.

Sadly, I don't have any knowledge about motors, and camshafts, etc, and what would work with what transmission. I feel like an IDIOT because I don't know anything.

My first preference would be to keep the original engine- I am hoping that it just needs new seals and there are no cracks in it.

Otherwise....its a new engine. And the allure of horsepower is tempting, but not if I have to replace a bunch of other stuff.

And the guy who appraised my car has told me that changing the engine won't affect the value of the car.

Thanks for all the replies so far, I do appreciate it, and I am learning a lot too!
If all the serial numbers are a match I would be looking into rebuilding the engine as the car is worth more if you are restoring it.