View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 08:24 AM

In the 7 or 8 years I have hunted there, I have personally seen one small whitetail doe. This was after legal light on the drive out. They are definitely there, just very nocturnal from what my camera showed. I have seen a few decent mulie bucks but of course they are protected there. The grouse are definitely at a low peak in the last few years but the coyotes numbers are exceptionally high since they are protected as well. Although this year I have seen several that were thin so hopefully that means there is not enough food and they will move on to new areas. Come to think of it, I haven't seen a single rabbit this year either.
For the wolves, the story I kept hearing from multiple sources was a pack of six was spotted and only 5 were killed. 5 is better than none though.
I also heard a story that a cougar was spotted near the Blackfoot staging area. I got the impression that guy was BS'ing me though.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."