View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
They won't be policing very much if they only go to serious calls and apprehensions. A bit of Patrol every now and then. Like I said no ticketing or traffic stops.
There's really no point then, if they are only occasionally patrolling (and on call). Chances of these volunteers being able to respond faster than a LEO is pretty slim, unless it happens out front of their house or you train every person in the community.

Most of these thefts are from people that have scoped out the property, and usually know that households schedule.

Quote:
Most communities dont have that much serious crime so they wont be called out often. The biggest thing would be that criminals would know someone is coming and they will be arrested if they do commit a crime. They dont have 40 minutes to sit their hold you at gun point and steal your gasoline and vehicles.
They already know someone is coming (and don't know when). You keep saying 40 minutes?? Response time is a variable that is location/environment/etc dependent. That goes for these volunteers as well.

Quote:
As I said we need to do something or some innocent farmer is going to end up in jail for shooting a crackhead. You yourself said these people could be(IMO ARE) dangerous, and youre alright leaving people alone waiting 40 minutes for a police officer to respond. Give you head a shake man.
Once again.. 40 mins.. I bet by the time you get off your laptop looking at conspiracy theories, put your pants on, answer the phone, stumble into your vehicle, then drive 15kms to respond to an incident, 40mins will also have passed. oh, and that's if you were actually awake when the call came.

You sir.. Need to give your head a shake, and think about the logistics of what you are talking about.

If the appearance of authority is all you are wanting, why not create that now? Why does there have to be any training/guns/etc? You're just looking for an excuse to open carry.

If your neighbors are actually ex-military, why not create a patrol? Throw a sign on the car that is patrolling, and drive around 24/7, take turns, showing presence.

(I know that doesn't play into your agenda, but that alone would reduce your neighborhood crime)