View Single Post
Old 10-02-2023, 12:58 PM

Your story reminds me of something that happened to me...

I was working through some timber patches mid-morning in late October, scouting and still hunting. There was snow on the ground and I was decked out in snow camo coveralls. Walking along below the tops of some ridges, I rounded a corner and came upon a couple of smaller Mulie bucks. One was slowly working up the ridge, the other was walking my way on the same trail I was on. I was sure the buck would see me and stop, but he didn't see me standing there and kept coming.
The ground was steep both above and below the trail, but I managed to find a spot to step below the trail as the buck kept coming. Even with that movement he didn't spot me. I had nocked an arrow when I first spotted the deer, but decided to pass these young bucks. As the buck walked right up to me, I had to move my arrow so he could get by! He saw the slight movement, kept coming and sniffed my broadhead! Finding nothing alarming about that, he continued to walk past so close that I could have reached out and petted him. He never did spook as he went by and continued on. Was an ultimate close enounter!