Thread: Brisket Recipe
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpstick View Post
I agree with most steps on here. Just to throw a little mix in there, the winning team at the Porkapalooza BBQ Competition in Edmonton on the wkd cooks his brisket hot and fast style. I believe around 325 deg for around 6 hours. I haven't tried it yet but there is that option if you are in a time crunch. Myron Mixon (BBQ God) was one of the pioneers for the hot and fast method. If you try it, please let us know how it goes.
I think for a test, I might do both methods at the same time, on 2 different cookers of course, just to do a comparioson, would be a great trial.

Cheers,
SS
Well trained professional chefs have always known exactly when in the cook cycle the precise moment when flavour and texture align. They can work quickly because they understand the timing to ensure that the meat is pulled at the zenith of perfection.
Low and slow is a reliable training wheels like method that is used to get reliable results from unskilled weekend warriors.

As far as Myron Mixon being a pioneer for hot and fast, he likely encountered some equipment or logistics issues and had no choice but to do what he could do to make judging in the allotted time. I guess screwing up can make someone a Pioneer

High Delta T has always been most effective in the proper hands-Long before Myron was born.
Longer rest times are the key so it only makes sense to get the brisket to the resting point more quickly thus giving it more time to rest.

A lot of sins can be forgiven with a precise controlled rest

Last edited by omega50; 06-22-2018 at 09:33 AM.