View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 02:32 AM

Considering she is only 60 lbs, I suggest sticking to a .243 and something like Hornady Custom Lite Ammo. You can upgrade it later on as she gains size and experience.

As far as which model, it sounds like you want to buy new. Going to the gunshop and checking them out is the only solution. I would look at the savage axis, the browning xbolt micro and the ruger compact.

I shot a 20 gauge single as a 12 year old, and even with a recoil pad found it to be pretty intense to shoot. Which translated into a flinching problem I had to overcome later. I have coached smaller kids a few times, and they all loved the 410 cooey single. But even a 28 gauge cooey was too much for them kick wise, surprisingly.

So go easy on her and start light!

For a shotgun, I recommend a full choked 410 single shot,and lots of practice for grouse. Corwin arms still has a few of their single shot 410's left in stock. One of them would be perfect.

Check out brobee 223's videos on youtube if you haven't already regarding some homegrown videos of him and his daughters.