View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloszz View Post
Yea I would have to leave my SKS here, but other than that I have the normal run of the mill American available guns.

Thanks for the help guys. I will be calling them soon to find out if Canadian customs will have an issue with me crossing to the USA with guns and if the Americans will.
I've driven across many times and flown across a couple and I don't ever remember having to talk to the Canada border guys on my way into the US. I drove across just this past June and on the way south drove right past the Canada border guards and stopped at the US side. So I highly doubt you'll need to worry about the Canada side as you go south

The issue is and always will be, getting appropriate permission from whichever ever side you're crossing into

While I doubt you'll have issues taking firearms into Texas, I would most definitely contact the US border people and ask them about it. I'm sure they can help you get direcly in touch with whomever you need to speak to in Texas. Always best to have any permit's etc required before arriving.
I am the captain of my soul.

***William Henley***