View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 12:39 PM

Certain breeds of dogs have different dispositions when it come down to behaviors. Some breeds of dogs have a more aggressive disposition.

I don't, for one minute, believe that you can put "bad owners" as the primary driver for a dogs disposition.

What a "Good Owner" can do, is mitigate (somewhat control) impulsive behaviors, curb instincts and reduce unwanted dispositional behavior (like aggression).

Case in point ......

I have two dogs - one is aggressive and one is well behaved and controlled - am I a good or bad dog owner?

If I'm a bad dog owner them why is one of my dogs well behaved and well controlled? Could it be that dog (a lab/collie) has a gentle disposition while the other dog (Retriever/Coyote) has an aggressive disposition?

That's my point. Blaming it on the "owners" as the "primary" reason is complete BS - it's a combination of owners ability to train a dog and the dog's natural disposition.

Some breeds of dogs (and some species of animals) are just more likely to be aggressive ...... why is that so wrong to say?