View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
In the summer time, i'll spend a minimum of 20+ hours a week in dog parks all around the city. busier is better. I guess statistically, my dog should have been maimed or killed by now.

Here's my list of dogs that I would consider pain in the arse at parks. He has never been attacked by a large dog. Again, it's not very often we have issues at the parks.
1. Boxers - they don't learn very fast, they push and push til they get a bite correction then they back down. It was the same with the ex's minpin. If I have to pick one dog that my pup has to physically correct the most - the boxer is it.
2. Labs. Again, don't know when you quit. He's been rolled, flattened and injured twice in dog parks and not through aggression - but aggressive play by Labs.
3. Heeler, again not aggressive. But, they tend to chase and nip to the point I have to intervene. He got fed up one day and pinned a 5 month old to the ground by the head.
4. Shepherd breeds. Again, nothing aggressive, but need to be watched. When they take an interest in my pup, they tend to focus hard - and one is never really sure what they'll do.

He's been physically attacked by two smaller breeds - Boston terrier and french bulldogs. Only injury was a cut eye, frenchie came out of nowhere and had his head in it's mouth. Lets just say the dog didn't come back for another round.

Thousands of dogs met over the course of a summer, and he has never had a bad altercation with a so called "pitbull" breed. One of his "friends" is a 110 pound pit. He tends to gravitate toward pitties, cane corso's, danes etc.it's hilarious to watch a Dane interact with him, they lift his arse off the ground to get a sniff, and he doesn't care. And I can get some video if people would like.

My main thing - start DNA testing dogs that attack. This looks and walks like a duck mentality is getting old.

That's my experience, take it or leave it.
Again I blame the owners, not the dogs. Owners clearly haven't had their dogs around many small dogs. I really think you should consider finding a dog park that splits between small dogs and big dogs. It's literally a ticking time bomb when you mix the two, and inexperienced owners.

As for the Pit Bulls, and comparing them to Great Danes is laughable. Great Danes are one of the most laid back breeds ever. And people who own a Cane Corso probably dont get it as their first dog and actually know how to train them.