View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kens View Post
There have need many threads here over the years regarding buying cars. I'm sure some of you saw this recent CTV hidden camera W5 story.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/w5/some-car-de...rvey-1.3329678

With only 3 Calgary dealers passing inspection how on earth do you buy a new vehicle?

My wife would like to trade, or buy, a new AWD mid size SUV, I think she is leaning toward something GM or maybe Asian.

She has a low mileage 6 year old Ford Escape to either trade or sell.

Does anyone have any constructive ideas on the best way to proceed and avoid the pitfalls!
Talk to Keith Duckett at Village Honda. I worked a deal with him, 100% by email, for a new Honda Accord for my mom. When she got there, it had upsized 19" wheels from the Touring trim level. He looked at them and said, "Huh - I guess you're getting a free wheel and tire upgrade" and that was that.

The local Edmonton dealership told me that they couldn't even come close on the price of the car.

Keith later sent me a $25 Starbucks card as a thank-you for entrusting my Mom's vehicle purchase to him, at a distance, sight unseen. Great guy, completely honest, very well respected in the online community (and obviously "real life" people).

He can hook you up with a Honda CR-V, if you're interested in a mid-size SUV, or with a Pilot if you want something bigger.

PM me for my real name, if you want a referral name...