View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dago View Post
Way back when,there was 5 of us in a Toyota Landcruser.Before the sun was up we were heading across Bever Mines Lake. When all of a sudden the front end fell in. The truck kept going in. When it hit the staight up and down windsheild the water presure pushed the front window in on us.Then it started filling up fast.When that water hits you,you lose your breath.I remember having to take a deep breath because I knew we were going in.The water presure pushed me back in the seat and with my windows up I tryed to punch out the side window. I could'nt swing my arms fast enough to break the widow. By this time the truck had hit the bottom we were in 20FOW.The lights were still on in the dash and I knew the front windsheild was out.I made my way to the lights and got out the front.All that time I was working off my big heavy down filled coat. I pushed myself up and away from the truck. When I got to the top I wacked my head good on the bottom of the ice.I could'nt find the hole.A few seconds of swimming around I finally found the hole.I popped out of there like one of those penguins popps out of the water.When I got out,there was 2 of my buddies standing on the ice.A few seconds later 1 more popped up. We helped him out.I would say a minute went by and we all knew our good frend was'nt getting out. That all took about 2 minutes. This is one of the biggest reasons I live life to the fullest everyday.
Sorry to hear that Dago... That's probably one of the most terrifying things possible to have happen. It's too bad it often takes near death experiences and loss of friends before we realize how precious life is and how easy it is for it to end.

I've luckily never fallen through. I try to be as safe as possible, although I'm sure luck has played a role in that as well.