View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 12:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by H380 View Post
Were they some of the mysterious $38 ones when the sale went all to pieces ?
No, but I know which ones you mean. Those ones were graded Western Heavy and in that section of the auction (I had several in that string). The two that I had graded Semi and were on a different auction page under "Semi". I have caught a few like them in previous years, even at the beginning of January, where the short guard hair causes the underfur to become more exposed making them look wooly. I suppose that the next step would be matting. They were big, old adult male dogs with a thick, heavy hide that sounded like cardboard when you gave them a snap after drying as opposed to the wax paper sound that I like to hear. I have pictures of them and I'll post them up when I find them. Photobucket is messing with my computer and freezing my browser though.

These didn't sell at auction but were later sold under private treaty. Obviously, someone thought there was value in them and there is a market for them.

435407 XL-LGE I-II DK 3-4 18.00 23.82 23.82

547076 XL-LGE II DBR 1-4 40.00 52.94 52.94

The bottom line is $76.76 CDN or a two coyote average of $38.38. I'm okay with putting up fur for $38.38 per hour (approx) but given the value of higher quality coyotes, I wouldn't target them at that price unless that's all that there is to catch (ie end season coyotes).