View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I simply use my Magnetospeed, for what is was designed for, it provides accurate velocity reading with no calculations or corrections required. You can adjust the powder burn rate to compensate, when the velocity calculations don't match the actual velocities, but the fact is., that variations in chamber and throat dimensions, and in case volume also vary, and are also responsible for the differences in pressure and velocity, not just the burn rate of the specific lot of powder. So you are adjusting the burn rate, when the burn rate may not be the only variable that is actually causing the difference in velocity. I will stick to measured values , rather than "fudge" numbers, as the author of your link mentions, to achieve the numbers that match the measured velocity. And since I need the chronograph to measure the velocity to "fudge" those numbers, I will just use the measured velocities to suit my purposes.
"None so blind as those who will not see".I'll try One more time Elk-thats all !

Your average Chronograph readings have already taken in to consideration all the various discrepancies in that particular chamber, throat,barrel etc. and that particular load and that particular rifle, on that particular day (temp) I hope that's clear enough. Now, adjust the powder burn rate in QL to match those results. Document that particlar adjusted burn rate. Forever more,QL will produce excellent proximities to that velocity and pressure. If thats what you call fudging numbers, well, do it your way. I don't really care.