View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubious View Post
Have any of you tried to make any utility load for your rifles? by this I mean a non expensive load for your go to hunting rifle that you can use on small game with less bang and no recoil with some trail boss powder or something similar. would be nice to be able to have some flexibility instead if having to buy a pack rifle. I have heard of some guys having some success with soft lead balls loaded in standard 30-06 for finishing shots or chickens but im a bit skeptical that anything other than a 30' streak of feathers and grouse hamburger would remain if I tried trail boss and 100gr bullets out of my 25-06.
Chiappa little badger. Take the bottom pic rail off and it folds right down touching the bottom of the wire stock. 7" i believe. You can tie the folded action to your belt and it fits in a cargo pants pocket. I ziptied a savage 22lr single stack 10 round mag to the side of my action and the rounds are right there ready to feed. The trigger is actually surprisingly crisp and the ghost ring sight is adjystable and accurate. Consistant 1 inch groups off hand at 20 meters.

Last edited by Nyksta; 06-14-2018 at 11:47 AM.