View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passthru View Post
When installing my hang on stand I use a rock climbing harness. When you get to your desired height on the tree then use a anchor strap around the tree just above where your putting your stand. With you safely anchored you can then sit into your harness and install the stand hands free. I've only used hang on stands and don't plan on using the others. Ladder stands you are limited to the hieght of the ladder(which is not that high usually) and finding a tree suitable for climbing can be a real challenge sometimes in the buck brush. This is what works for me.
x2 on the rock harness. way more comfortable and safer than a tree stand harness. I use a lone wolf hang on with climbing sticks. I use a lineman's belt that I built from climbing gear. bombproof and lighter than the junk they sell for hunting. as for climbing up/down in the dark. practice-practice-practice.

go for a hike in the off season and go up and down 4-5 times. good workout and you improve you setup time. 7-8 minutes for me to go up and 6-7 to come down. I'm sure i could shave a few minutes with some effort.

Last edited by Knotter; 03-10-2018 at 02:57 PM. Reason: .