View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 05:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by summit151 View Post
Hey guys so I’m curious to what everyone’s favourite style of tree stand is. I currently have a hang on stand and a ladder stand. I am thinking of buying a climber stand but not sold on having to climb down in the dark. And the hang on stand is a pain to get hung up sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I much prefer the ladder stand. As I have got older I find it easier to climb, to secure to the tree, and MUCH MUCH quieter to go up or down. Personally I feel a lot more comfortable sitting in a ladder stand. On many occasions you can just set the ladder stand against the tree, and climb up without having to do any limbing. Our ladder stands go up to 16' but I only set them at 12.

I hunt on private land and can drive up pretty close to my setup area, might be different up north if you have to carry or haul in all your stuff. We hunt on private land so we can leave our stands out for a while if we like. So portability definitely the climber, but for comfort and stability the ladder stand. We got a double this past XMAS so I can take my grandson with me next season.

This one is set back about 20 yards from the trail

Last edited by bobalong; 03-08-2018 at 05:29 PM.