View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 08:00 AM

I think the ones that plan have a better chance to retire with a good amount than those that don't or the ones that have been dealt a rough hand in life.
Yu can always make a choice as well. I have seen lots of people making low incomes all their lives trying to get by and barely making it to work into their late 60's or 70's or more. There are also those types who turn things around and change jobs or do extras to make a few extra bucks to store away.

I started with RRSP and other options at age 15 to put money away for retirement. Most of that was used up when I was 23 to buy my first house which I then spent the next 14 years working very hard to pay off. I also learned to not pay interest and make money grow.
I invested in a side business and now have a few things going other than my regular job that makes me money. The little amount the spouse brings in every month pays for a couple bills and food on the table. It all helps!

Always look for opportunity to expand your money. I have done a lot of things to make my money grow and over time it can put you in a position that you really don't have to worry about money if you make some good choices and meet the right people.

What a person needs for retirement is a personal number. For me it's all about being able to do what I want when I want and when I feel like I have that number I am going to go have some fun and enjoy the glory years!