View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 07:22 AM

Hey Cat,
Always appreciate your updates and feedback on cold lake. I have the insulated otter resort tent your looking at. These are extremely well built and I have yet to have anything fail on mine. I had it out on cold lake in front of the marina when it was below -40 sitting in one spot all day and it popped down and went in the bag without any concern. Last year I spent the night on the ice at cold lake in it as well. The wind was constant but you can stake these down so well from the ground flap and all the pop outs at mid height that it barely moves and will not destroy itself. It’s pockets and rod holders all around the inside give you lots of places to get gear out of the way and it has clothes holders on the roof . It was -46 in the wind and we had 2 mr buddy heaters going jackets and hats off. Most of the season I can just run the medium sized mr buddy heater and keep toasty. 2 guys can do an overnighter with one hole for the burbot bite each. After my tent comes home I set it up in the basement to let it dry and my kids use it as their Fort messing around in and out of it all day. So I have put this tent to the test for 3 seasons and couldn’t be happier. It is heavier being insulated but, twice this year I’ve walked it out from the marina on a little pull sled to 80’ of water.
If you want to meet me at your secret laker spot i could come set it up
Cheers
W