View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikwhiskey View Post
As i understand it, slowly but surely lol, the initial cost is licensing and tool up, for colt Canada, the initial cost is high because of this? Once production is in full swing, after the initial 1000 rifles, costs will drop.
Any competent gunsmith can and would give their left nut to get this contract, but I understand the govt wants some stability and reliability for the end product, hell, it only took them 30 years to get it done, I hope it works out for the Rangers.. Govt spent 2 billion on a useless registry for nothing, what's 50 mil for something that counts, peanuts in dip **** land.
The cost is normally fixed for the delivery of the product within the timelines. I don't have the contract nor the tender in front of me however that is normally how they do it. Delivery within the timelines laid out in the tender at a fixed price. So it might something like delivery of X rifles a month for Y number of months.

I think it will work out fine for the Rangers. The Enfields did there duty but in the end, parts had finally run out so they had to tender a replacement.