View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 11:50 AM

saskbooknut "Quote" " I put in my time hunting on foot and, by chance, legally shot a deer which presented itself as a gift.

I cannot condone harassing game with a vehicle but all let's not get too critical of "legal" harvest of game just because it is not exactly how you would prefer to do it. Notice the quotes on the word LEGAL."

X2 ^^^^ The mind is willing but the body is weak.

I would love to walk for days back in the bush again but here in the flat open prairie, you can walk a looong time before you see anything that even resembles a tree, let alone a forest. So you road hunt till you get to a favorite spot then you walk in. BUT most People out here drive the coulees and most are MUCH younger then I am. Do I like it NO but it is what it is. If they have permission then go for it who am I to tell them what the hunt is about.
Most people don't get what the hunt is all about anyhow, with there long range sniper rigs with a digital range finder built into their scopes that does everything but yank the trigger. Grab a bow, burn some shoe leather, then you will now what it is about...but I ramble on.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.