View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100winger View Post
just sat here and composed a nice reply - took a bit of time and this damn website tossed me out because I took too long -
grrrrr
Apparently a 30 minute typing exercise gone down the drain. Heres the gist:
leave current handgun rules towards ownership and transport the way they are, they are adequate and IMO - reasonable. If some damn fool wants to wave a handgun around and threaten others then he/she gets what they deserve. We should be storing all firearms safely - although I can't remember any farm houses I have visited that didn't have a 30 30 behind the door ready to go. That would be considered safe storage.
Open carry in the bush for small game/varmints only - I would not support any thought towards a big game season, long gun hunters are disadvantaged enough over those with arrows and smoke poles. Our season would be Oct 32/33 for two hours at high noon. We need to claw back decent hunting seasons from the primitive crowd - not add more options to an already messed up hunting season.
Ok, just because you think they are reasonable, since they obviously don't effect you, doesn't mean they are. I'm tired of people being so willing to restrict other peoples freedoms because it doesn't effect them. We got a body armor ban because most people don't own it or care to. I don't have any or care to either, but I'm ****ed as hell that our government decided to ban it.

You are so selfish about your hunting season you are wanting to restrict someone elses enjoyment. I'm the guy that has been asking for handgun hunting with AFGA forever, I am not asking for a special season, I'd be quite happy to be out there hunting beside rifle hunters with my handgun. While on the topic, I have never seen rifle seasons being shrunk, they have added other seasons, but rifle seasons have never been shortened since I started hunting. In fact in the CWD zones the Season was lengthened by 20 days, more if you consider they have added Sunday hunting in that time too.

By the sort of logic you seem to use, I should lobby to ban semi auto's for bird hunting, after all I use a sxs or o/u and find two shots quite adequate for my uses, I don't have any need for a semi, or even a pump with the extra shots, so if they restricted them and you could only use them at the range should I support that, since it doesn't adversely effect me?

You better take a serious look at what your saying, and contemplate how long you would be hunting and shooting at all if everyone took the same sort of view you do. Remember all the whining about how we are deregistering high power SNIPER RIFLES, in case you missed it, that is your bolt action deer rifle.