View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckle55 View Post
the report was writen for Wisconsin and used the reports from Sask/Man/Parks Canada and their material if you read the reports on the link i provided you will understand where he got his material and they all say that higher numbers are not healthy but i am not a scientist

In Alberta we have a spot were we have 170 ungulates per square mile and its like canned hunting as its like artifical feeding and baiting of them just saying

Did you read any of those papers that they list because it will open your eye's and you are assuming alot with no backing or do you have anything to backup what you are saying in your theories

David
I agree that artificial baiting does increase the risk of ungulates to possibly come into close contact with an animal that may carry this or any other disease. But so do all the other man made buffets that already are present in the ungulates natural settings.

I do believe that the small risk with artificial baiting is almost a mute point in the big picture of ungulates contracting any disease. Ungulates bed in the same area, travel the same game trails, feed naturally in the same areas, get water in same areas, winter together, have interaction while breading, feed on hay stacks and grain spoils, does clean fawns, bucks travel in bachelor groups early season, during the breading rituals, bucks will follow estrus scents for miles looking for a hot doe, pre and post rutting activities have males sparing, this list goes on and on really.. So would artificial baiting actually significantly increase the risks of disease to spread, not enough in my mind to loose sleep over.

Biggest concern should be the mismanagement of this precious resource by those who call themselves Bio's and Scientists