View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 03:16 PM

Leupold's lifetime transferable warranty has been in place and working for since 1907 which is over 100 years. I have only ever had to use it one time, and it was my fault the scope got broke and they still didn't charge for the repair. I have owned a lot of their products over a 45 year time span. A few are more than 45 years old that I bought used, and to my knowledge they have never needed fixing.

Vortex has a great warranty but at the rate it gets used I can see them going tits up real soon, or changing the warranty coverage. I have two Vortex products bought in the last 2 years because Whole Sale Sports talks them up so well and have used the warranty three times already. Decent product but I wouldn't want to bet my life on them working, nor would I bet a high dollar hunt on their reliability.

If you asked me who makes the very best bino, and is also very reliable, it is Leica. I have Leicas that are over 30 years old and a bunch of their newer stuff. I have never had to send any of it back so I can't speak to their warranty, but they do only come with 10 year coverage. I do know people who have sent them in after coverage expired and were still taken care of but it isn't an obligation on the companies part.

On straight warranty, I vote Leupold. Hard to beat an excellent warranty with very rare need to use it.