View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *BigSexyHunter* View Post
Thanks!

I just turned 18, and finally got my PAL, the instructor and I were wondering how trappers are legally able to carry a sidearm. (You think the instructor would know...)

The Trapping community seems to be like a family, if anybody ever needs help, advice (Hands on or not) or anything for that matter, your all here to help. Not like us fisherman!

I'm the kind of guy who can hunt or fish all day with no success (although bagging your quarry is an even better experience) and be content. I grew up on a cattle farm, living 20 minuets from town. Our staple meat is moose, although a beef rib-eye steak is a nice change. I just love the outdoors.

Thanks for everybody's willingness to help this eager young man!
Spencer
You may just might enjoy trapping then. Though, ideally a good trapper will have some success every time he/she checks his/her traps.
We trappers want to be helpful because it really makes us mad when animals and their habitat are destroyed because the person didn't know better. Trapping is all about being responsible on the land and with the animals. They give their lives to us just so we can handle and wear their fur.

I wish I had the AO forum to ask questions to 40 years ago. Would have saved me a few years of learning from scratch.