View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 03:48 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer2 View Post
Buddy had one on his S+W 460 and it didn't last a box.It was replaced and this one is taking it like a champ.3 shot 1/2" groups at 100 yards off bags.Better than most rifles.
I've had a couple of new scopes fail and several people who have had the same thing happen to them.

This was a cheap scope. But a well known brand name. For me the problem is I've heard of it happening with high priced very popular brand names and I have had many very disappointing results when asking for warranty coverage.

Years ago I bought a brand new Anschutz .22 and a mid range Bushnell scope to go with it. A few months later an inner lens in that scope came loose. I couldn't see anything through it after that.

The store I bought it from said I had dismantled it so they would not honor the warranty. The warranty card said to return it to the point of purchase so there went $250.00 bucks
That was over thirty years ago. $250.00 bucks was a substantial sum for a hunting scope in those days.

George Bernard Shaw