View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatmewolf View Post
I'll put it this way. When i teach hunters education we do a field day where kids can shoot recurves, compounds and crossbows. With ZERO experience the kids are shooting vitals on a deer at 30 yards with a crossbow. That is not the case with recurves and compounds at even ten yards, there is a large difference.
And again I think there are places and species for a crossbow, maybe it gets opened for general whitetail or the bow zones.
The fact that the kids with no experience can handle a X-Bow efficiently is a major bonus and good on you for providing them an opportunity to use one.
I wish the same proficiency could be achieved by a large number of Compound hunters. I'm sure many of us have witnessed the field results achieved by incompetent Compound shooters. What you have experienced with your Hunter Ed class extends to the field. Contrary to some opinions, not many Compound shooters are experts by any stretch