View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 09:44 PM

Default How far... and can you still?

I been chewin' on posting for two days already.. personally, I'd be more interested to see how these sub-1/2" rifles perform when you guys take away bench, vice, etc etc & stretch their darn legs a bit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
Thankyou purgatory. That's the bottom line. As long as we all measure the same way, shoot five shots into 5 targets ... we are comparing apples to apples. I guess it is inevitable that some will attempt to purposely derail...not sure why? My bet, is in the end, the guys that post their "qualifying" groups as outlined in the OP, will not be the ones picking away at the rules...the picking seems to belong to talkers, not shooters.

*260... can you still shoot like that while laying in the dirt, on the ground.. off a bi-pod? Already we'll allow a rear bag. Can you do it?

Could you hold them there beyond 100, consecutively? Off a bi-pod, under spur of the moment/realistic shooting conditions ..@ 300, 400, 700 ??

0.67 is all I got... but I'll do THAT off a bi-pod, on the ground, in the snow ~ all-day ; ) ...til she fouls, haha

I'm itchin' to see long-range groupings, and how you guys' rifles stack-up then... and to see if we're still reading about these same "talkers & shooters"

fwiw...

here's 4.875" @ 725yards**
...back-up the math and (here's one of MY) 0.67" @ 100 ~ "3" consecutive shot groups**

target taped.jpg

725.jpg

Model 70 winchester, fiberglass stock... 264win mag w/mildly pitted factory barrel ..ball-park of 800 rounds down the pipe* Handloads.

So... Can ya?

Last edited by whiskeywillow; 02-10-2013 at 09:47 PM. Reason: spelling