View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Those people didn't receive a letter, as there was no certificate attached to non-restricted firearms, so they can't file for a review. I would suggest people in that situation keep very quiet about it and don't draw attention.

If they want to surrender their rifles for buyback later, that is their business.
All I can say is--- I got the letter, never had an RPAL, but, those who don't have an RPAL and don't own a registered firearm, won't qualify under S74 to apply, as they don't have anything that has been "revoked". As I understand it anyway. May be worth inquiring as to how it may affect a PAL, but, if they don't have it registered, the only way for them to know you have it, is to check store records. 2013 to now, should be, no record of what got sold to you. Even if they called to check your PAL, there should be, no record of what you bought except on the sale receipt from the store, which would tie to their inventory only. Private sale would be 100% no record, except on the PAL check, which would not say what you bought, just that you MAY have bought something.

Anyway; A Q&A with the lawyer that won that case yesterday, MR Dunn;

https://thegunblog.ca/2020/12/01/gre...XXQG6McqCirfSM