View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
I can hear your wheels turning, I can see a long range rig in your near future to be set up on the back deck for sniping elk at 880yds. The scope with the ballistic calculator is an integral part of the equation imo.

I gotta say that at first I was skeptical of dialing 68 clicks to get on target as per the ballistic chart, but after dialing that and then seeing I was only 3 clicks off at 800yds was pretty dam impressive. According to the chart with my setup I should be able to dial up to 1750yds, just shy of 1 mile by 10yds. That will be my goal, 5 shots inside a 20” target at 1 mile.
Elevation clicks have never been the difficult part of long range shooting. As long as airpressure and humidity are similar, your bullet drop is nothing more than dialing in what youve dialed in previously. Wind at long range is the problem. And if you're wrong at your wind estimation when you shoot at an animal, then theres a high potential for a long lingering painful death that you wont be around for to harvest the meat. That would be a shameful waste. Maybe off your deck isnt the place you should be sniping elk from. Get your boots on and make an ethical shot.