Thread: Market update
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 09:21 AM
AO Sponsor

Bill, it was a joke.

So seeing as many summer beaver are destroyed, and there is a massive demand for beaver carcasses, government included, and people are using unskinned beaver carcasses for bait, government included, and most people don't really want to skin beaver for nothing, here's a potential soloution...

Take a knife and slice the summer beaver fur from head to tail, demonstrating the pelt as zero value, rendering the pelt as unsaleable, in such manner that even a child can tell the pelt is done for and the pelt cannot and will not be trafficked. Perhaps two knife cuts and rip a strip of fur out down the back to ensure the pelt is identifiably ruined.

Technically if it's partially skinned, it is "skinned". Perhaps that's already good enough without a law change. The law says skinned, does not specify fully skinned, or skinned to fur market spec, or partially. Maybe your fish cops wouldn't get bent then?

Somebody draw up a resolution to this effect if you want this problem fixed with a simple solution, and submit it at the local level? That is if you think it's a good idea. I'm not going to, I think it's a good idea, but I'm not currently in the beaver game. I should skin a few tho so I can play the Godberson game better in Westlock!