View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistagin View Post
Are you really suggesting crossbow users are going to go around shooting other hunters????? If so, what a stupid, dumbazz statement!

If so, I'd suggest you check out what using a crossbow is like. The same principles as conventional bowhunting apply. Gotta be close to the animal, in my case no further than 30-40 yards. Gotta pick your aim point just as carefully, etc., etc., etc.

I hear lots of 'talk' on this site where compound users brag about hitting pie plates at 100 yards, but I don't know of any crossbow users who do the same . It can be done, but certainly not ethically!

I believe that was labeled as "100 yard bow shot "competition". a fun TARGET competition where only a pie plate was harmed during its promotion...

funny you should mention that ...the only crossbow shooter I met this year ...during archery season, True handicapped which is just fine and a right...no problem with that!
But he set there by my stand out the window of his pickup ..bragged how his 400Plus FPS crossbow had a 100 yd pin...from our cabin we watched lights searching that field all night into the wee hours...

it is what it was!!

Probably shouldnt even have mentioned that..now we got the crossbow hive buzzing...lol

I think this post has run its course ...much like religion , ford N chevy or politics ...there will never be unity with all the bickering and finger pointing...

So any Mod reading this feel free to nuke or lock this post...

Neil