Thread: BLR Accuracy
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gade81 View Post
I have a takedown in 308. Tried several factory loads in 150 gr and all were of the 2-2.5” variety. Blue box federal 180’s right around 1”. The only heavier load I tried but quite accurate for me. And yes crappy trigger
I also have a BLR takedown (BLR Lt Wt) stainless/laminated, bought in 2012. Had a heck of a time dialing it in, until I (1) installed a Leupold EER (Extended Eye Relief) 2.5X scope to the barrel so it wouldn't need adjusting if I took it down for storage or transport with a receiver-mounted scope, and (2) played with the load development a lot more than usual.

I finally settled on a bit under 46Gr of IMR4064 with a 150 grain Interlock, and my groups tightened up considerably, between .9" and 1.5" @ 100. Interesting thing about my rifle is that the first two shots group tight, but 99% of the time the third shot from a still-warm barrel would always be a flyer, running perhaps .75" to 1.25" further out from the first two shots impact point. For hunting purposes, though, this works for me.

And, yeah, the trigger isn't great (it's "liveable" since this is my back up rifle when I'm at the camp with my 444S Marlin).

O.N.G.