Thread: Trail Cameras
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 06:37 AM

There's no way around it for cold weather use and battery power is to go with the Spypoint Solar's. You can run the Lithium add-on batteries but there's no point with the Solar panels, they don't need batteries period even at -40C.

I have a bunch of cameras I run year round and there is no way to compare a non-solar to a solar for battery power reliability. I have the Link-S cell as well as the regular $250 non-cell Solar models and they both work just as good even in video modes.

I run almost every brand out there and there is just no comparison to a solar, yes some of my units will run 6 months to a year on batteries but my Solar's are never dead, they work no matter the settings, temps or direction they are pointed in.

I really don't like being "brand loyal" but Spypoint has been my favorite between the Link S "Free" cell unit and the regular cheaper solar model they are hard to beat for overall cost of operation. You will never need to pay SIM card cell phone fees and battery fees again with either model. There's no way to beat a cheap running game camera for years of operation that way, it gets expensive buying even $20-40 in batteries per year per unit when you run 10+ units.